Louise is a Canadian freelance writer who got her start as a health and science writer, by combining her expertise in Biomedical Science and Anatomy & Cell Biology with a graduate degree in Journalism.
After working in her field for several years, Louise's writing naturally shifted to topics related to family life and parenting, following the arrival of her four children. She also has a lot to say about music, literature and food (because those things make her happy, too).
Louise's work has appeared in:
- A Love Letter To My Nanny
- How to Help Your Kid Cope With Bedwetting
- I'm The Scheduler-in-Chief for Our Family—Except For Vacations
- 7 Breastfeeding Tips Every Nursing Mom Has To Read
- 3 Tips for Dealing With Tween Moodiness
- Do You Have Baby Name Regret?
- Shy Away
- Why Try For A VBAC?
- How to Get Your Baby to Sleep Through the Night
- Saying Goodbye to the Crib
- Bento Lunch Ideas Your Kids Will Love
- 10 Tear Jerker Moments From Parenthood
- How to Take Great Photos of Your Family
- 11 Tips to Save Time and Money at the Grocery Store
- Stop Bugging Me
- The Well-Stocked Medicine Cabinet
HUFFINGTON POST PARENTS
- Birthdays And The Last Born Kid
- Why You Should Say Yes To That Birthday Party Invitation
- My Daughter Reminded Me To Leave A Space For Someone Who Needs It
HUFFINGTON POST CANADA
YUMMY MUMMY CLUB
- Did You Know You Can Find These Show-Stopping Costumes at Value Village?
- How Getting Homework Help Can Help Give Kids A Confidence Boost
- Camping With Kids: Feed 'Em Without a Kitchen
- Discussing Puberty With My Daughter
- The Strength Of One Voice
- Our Family's Wake-Up Call
- A Dad Who Cries
- How We Keep Things Balanced Without Keeping Score
- How I Get My Kids To Sit Down And Actually Eat Dinner
- Family Movie Trolls Will Move You With Its Music And Its Message
- Family Movie Sing Has An Important Message For Kids
- Piano, Piano
- How To Bento Like A Boss: An Intro To Bento Box Lunches
- More Than Just Mommy
- Why I'm Happy Schools Are Joining The Conversation About Sex
- Teach Your Kids the Value of Charity
- How to Talk to Your Kids About Money
- Find Summer Perfection at Pinery Provincial Park
- Healthy School Lunches in 5 Easy Steps
- Best Children's Book Series from 3 to 13
- 12 (Back) Road Trips in Ontario's Beautiful Southwest
- 5 Steps to a Successful Taco Night
- Holiday Gift Ideas for Teachers - Ten Ways to Say Thanks
- Up All Night: Why Getting Older Won't Stop Us From Rocking Out
- Up Close And Personal: With The Indigo Girls
- Nutrition On The Road: 5 TIps for Your Next Journey
- 5 Tips for Transitioning Your Toddler to a Big-Kid Bed
- Slow Down for Summer
- Mine For The Taking
Late Night Plays has been recognized as one of the 75 Most Influential Canadian Mom Blogs and 24 Mom Blogs You Should be Reading. Louise's writing has also been featured on SavvyMom and BlogHer. She was also nominated for a Canadian Weblog Award and has been an adjudicator for two years.
Louise's blog was initially launched to help practise her writing skills and create a portfolio. But, thanks to the compelling interactions and relationships that have grown from sharing her stories, it has become a space for honest conversation. Her images and words are known to resonate deeply with her readers.
Although it is a smaller blog, she has a very loyal following of readers with whom she enjoys sharing this journey. Parenthood invites compelling conversation, and Louise and her blog offer a welcoming and compassionate space to share.
Louise lives with her husband, four young children, and dog on the west side of Toronto, where she can often be spotted with mug in hand, standing with a friend, or peeking in the window of a ballet class.